06/07/2011

Riding A Bike While Wearing A Skirt May Be A Crime In NYC :$


Apparently, it's a crime to wear a skirt while riding a bike in NYC. Jasmijn Rickman, who ironically enough is a bike company general manager in Holland, was subjected to some cop harassment while in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show last month. Riding her bike one day around the city, a police officer pulled her over and said that her exposed legs were "distracting the cars." Understandably, Rijcken didn't at first believe the police officer, . "I thought he was joking around but he got angry and asked me for my ID," she confessed to the Daily News. While she didn't get a ticket, she admitted, ""I didn't even think for one second that my outfit could be harmful or disturbing." Even so, she did go back to her hotel and changed into pants. Maybe the NYPD should worry about this first. (Daily News via Gawker)

:$

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

pin it